CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Christmas...finally


I've been absent from the blogging world for quite a while now. For those of you who don't know we have been in the process of moving. We made an offer on a home clear back in June and we were supposed to close on it in September. What we didn't realize when we made the offer on the home was that the owner of it had a lot of issues that kept delaying the process. We finally closed on January 7th of this year. For months we didn't know when we would be moving so we lived in a state of being semi packed, constantly thinking, "It could be next week!" The holiday season was rough. I love baking and crafting and decorating for the holidays and I did none of that this year. When Christmas time rolled around I was determined not to unpack another already packed box and I refused to buy a tree not knowing if we were going to just have to move one. My "Scroogieness" (is that a word?!) finally got to my kids and I relented and bought a tree. The picture above is it. It was about 2 feet tall, but surprisingly not that much cheaper than a normal sized tree! My kids were appalled! They called it our Charlie Brown tree. I had a good reason for buying it. Since it was a live tree we could plant it at our new home and remember this crazy Christmas. We ended up having a really great Christmas and it was fun celebrating it one last time in our little house!

No comments: