CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Surfer Girl

Last Wednesday our school district had a teacher comp day and with our unseasonably hot weather we headed to the beach. Sam had the opportunity, with her Girl Scout troop, to take surfing lessons. Learning how to surf is something I've wanted to do since we moved here to southern California. Since I've pretty much been pregnant or had small children since we've lived here, I've never had the chance. But, here was an opportunity for me to live through one of my children. Lined up and ready to go!


Before the girls could jump into the water they had to listen to the instructors for awhile.


Then they had to watch the instructor.



Suiting up!




Practicing on the sand first.




















Heading out to the water!








Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of her in the water actually surfing because just as they were headed into the water this little "sassy pants" got stung in the foot by a bee! So I had to administer first aid while Sam surfed. I did glance up a couple of times and I did see her standing up riding some waves!





The whole gang. They all lived to tell about it! According to the instructors the waves were some of the "gnarliest" we get here in San Diego, but Sam wants to go again and next time I'm going with her!











3 comments:

lericksen said...

How fun. What a great time. I would love to know the name of the company for Allie's troop.

Kate said...

When we visit you (yes when, not if) you and I should go surfing. It'd be a fun activity to reunite with.

By the way, tell Logan I love his blog. I'm a music dork and stuff he and the other guys write about is right up my alley.

Kristy or Josh said...

I have always wanted to surf also but I watch a little too many shark week episodes!