CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 21, 2011

She's 14

That's right, my oldest is 14. Hard for me to believe. She had kind of a crazy birthday because things are a little crazy around here right now. A couple of her good friends kidnapped her before school and took her out to breakfast. I knew it was happening and the thought had crossed my mind that I should prep her on what to order for breakfast at a restaurant. We are frequent "eat outters" but not for breakfast. But, I didn't want to ruin the surprise by talking to her about it. I should have. Her leftovers were dropped off to me by the mom that took them and I now have a container of red velvet pancakes in my refrigerator. I guess she figured that if that was her favorite kind of cake that it would be great for breakfast too!I then picked her and a friend up after school and took them to taco shop and dropped them off. Apparently when you are 14 you can now be dropped off to eat somewhere all by your self. And I had no worries that she would know what to order at the Taco shop. In fact the person at the counter could have probably correcter her if she had gotten it wrong since we frequent that establishment so often! We then had dinner (in the living room since that is where our kitchen table is right now!) opened gifts and had cake, Red Velvet, Nothing Bundt Cakes, provided by Grandma Linda and Grandpa Tom. Since I don't have an oven right now it was perfect! We then all played a few rounds of GLEE karaoke, the new Wii game she got and then it was off to bed. Not too exciting, but I think she had a great b-day!

1 comment:

Scott said...

I suppose this makes the dirty Santa 14 as well? Congrats Amanda. You make me feel old.