CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 17, 2008

End of the season


This week was Amanda and Connor's last week of the soccer season. They both had a great year. Amanda said it was her favorite year playing and I think it was because she got to have her dad help coach. They had a lot of fun! This was Connor's first season playing and he really had a blast! Ever since Connor was a baby he has been my most easy going, laid back kido. While I've always enjoyed that about him, easy going, and laid back do not equal aggressive, goal scoring soccer player. So while he was probably not the highest scoring player on the team he LOVED every minute of it! The last game of the season he scored his first goal and I happened to be recording it. Unfortunately it was on my non-digital video recorder so I can't share it with all of you out there. Really the best part was the celebrating after the goal. He was so excited and so were all the parents on the team! After the game he asked me, "Mom, don't you think I'm kind of an expert at scoring goals now?" Maybe it's a good thing he didn't score more than he did, or he could have gotten a pretty big head. This picture is a picture of him with his coach, Coach Rick, and his first ever trophy. He's carried it around with him all weekend, slept with it, ate with it and unfortunately used it as a weapon (just ask Sam) or in self defense (if you ask Connor)! As great as the soccer season has been, it's time to move on. Softball sign ups were for the girls last week and Connor just signed up for his first season of Little league. T-ball here we come!

3 comments:

Logg said...

Getting trophies must be a manifestation of the Young side of Conner.
I really don't ever remember getting a trophy as a kid and judging by the vast number of trophy racks in the Holman home, neither did any of you.

Although I did get my 'participant' ribbon for the sixth grade science fair, but Jessie Spencer got one too, and I remember him eating a fair amount of dirt.

Kristy or Josh said...

I received a trophy at the tender age of 14 when my little league team went undefeated, a perfect 14-0. I don't actually remember helping the team win games but I do remember almost crying in the dugout because I sucked so badly one game. Now I have that trophy to always remind me how much I hated playing little league baseball that year. It turned out to be my last season because I always had much more fun playing for crappy teams. Oh well.

Denise said...

Horray for Connor! We are so happy for him! You might want to hid away that trophy so no one else gets hurt! Good grief....BOYS! I hate to say boys will be boys...but i guess they just have to be! I am just glad he's the Goal Expert now!