CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I voted today, and so did Connor


I need to preface this post with what Connor has been learning in school. They have been learning about word "chunks". For example "ing" and "er". As a mother, I love hearing him recognize when he or someone else uses a "chunk", but my older girls think it has gotten really annoying. They go out of their way to not use a word ending in "ing" or "er" so they don't have to hear him exclaim "You used a chunk!"

Today in Connor's class they had a mock election. His teacher showed them small clips of speeches each of the Presidential candidates had made, and then the kids got to decide who they wanted to vote for. When Connor got home he had his "I Voted" sticker on so I asked him who he voted for. He gave a resounding "Obama!" Interesting, seeing as how our house is a McCain house. I asked him why he voted for Obama. He said, "Because when he was talking he pointed a lot, and pointing has the 'ing' chunk" I guess I can't argue with that, but I hope you all out there make a more informed decision on who to vote for today!

5 comments:

Denise said...

That is TOO funny! But VOT-ING is a chunk too! so maybe he should be VOT"ING" for McCain! LOL! I think these teachers have MORE INFLUENCE than we'd ever even imagine. That's makes me want to VOTE YES even more on Prop 8! These teachers should NOT influence our kids in such a way! Can you tell I'm all heated by this topic? I need to let it go! Tell Connor NO BAMA NO BAMA...even though he's a POINTING CHUNK! :) No-Bama is Sophia's favorite phrase these days. OK, how we go from CHUNKING, to off topic on politics??? I have NO idea! LOL! It's just great to have friends that share the same political views.
Happy ELECTION DAY!

Mateo said...

I really thought I was a McCain guy all along, but when I got in that booth I couldn't help but vote for Obama. I don't even necessarily agree with what he believes in, and I don't think he has experience, but I think the rest of the world's perception of the US is pretty much in the gutter and I think if nothing else electing Obama will help improve our image with the rest of the world. It feels good to get that off my chest.

Katie Leigh said...

I remember voting for George Bush in 1992 in fourth grade because he wore glasses just like me. I can't argue with Connor's logic because it sounds like something I'd do.

Tigre said...

I voted for Obama too, mainly because of the point"ing" thing but also because he's so intellegent and cool. I'm proud of my awesome nephew Connor for choosing the best guy.

Logg said...

The ABCs of Repentance are:
A - Admit the problem
B - Be sorry
C - Confess
D - Don't do it again

Both Matt and Conner have accomplished the first step, they have admitted they have a problem.