CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Valentines day

On Monday we had all made Valentines for each other, but we hadn't exchanged them yet. So late Saturday night, after everyone was already asleep I took our Valentines and the ones from our cousins and grandparents and hung them all over a wall in our Living room. The kids were excited to wake up to this!


Connor loved his Valentines!


Of all of our Valentines this was the most exciting! It was such a surprise to open it up and so it get to be front and center on the Valentine wall! We are so excited for Kim and Dayne and Nixon!


For breakfast I made my family an "I love you" breakfast of bacon and pink heart shaped pancakes.
We took Valentine treats to our friends and teachers at church. My kids gave this yummy white chocolate, and strawberry flavored white chocolate covered popcorn to their teachers and gave it to my friends. I had also made peanut butter chocolate chip cookies for Shaun and the kids to hand out in their classes.


I handed these out to my favorite under three year olds at church!


Saturday night, this is what my kitchen counter looked like. It made me so happy!


For lunch we had Navajo tacos with heart shaped fry bread and layered heart jello. Can you overdo the heart theme? Maybe, but I just wanted my family to know how much I love them!

7 comments:

Tracy said...

How "fun" are you?!! Your treats look so cute and Yummy!! :-)

Celeste Dodge said...

Was that jello hard to make? I saw it in the magazine, but I wasn't sure if I had the patience for it.

Pops said...

So over the top and out of control with the heart theme...I just wish I could of been there to eat some of it. Your poor dad did not get anything heart shaped except for a cookie that a neighbor gave us. Next year it will be different! Oh retirement, it can't come too soon! Mom

Sarah said...

Wow! I almost feel like a slacker-mom after reading that. BUT, I have matured enough to appreciate all the wonderful things I see other mom's do without actually *having* to do them myself.

(just don't let my kids know that other kids get heartshaped navajo tacos on V-day or they might trade me in for a mom who does) ;)

Julie said...

Can I come live with you? Your house is way more fun than mine:)

Sandy said...

You are such a fun mom!. Check out my blog: awesomerecipes101.blogspot.com

Denise said...

Simply AMAZING!!! I love the Expecting Valentine! So FUN!!!! and your goodies look cute and so scrumptious!!! You are one incredible lady!