CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Connor's Birthday

If any of you read Sammies blog you might think I'm a terrible mother, and I feel the need to clarify that. She posted about Connor's birthday and said something to the effect that we forgot about his birthday so he didn't get a party. I did not forget my son's birthday, but he did not get a party. This is the problem. We did a horrible job on planning the births of our children. We clumped them together. Amanda's and Madison's birthday's (I think that is too many possessives but I'm not sure where they are supposed to go so I put them all in!) are just two days apart and Sam's and Connor's are two weeks apart. It basically means I have to be planning two birthday parties at once. I don't multi task well. What has happened in the past is the second birthday, which also happens to be the youngest child, gets put on the back burner. When the first one is over there is no time to plan the next one. So far I have gotten away with no birthday parties for Connor and he hasn't realized it. This year was different. He woke up on his birthday and the first words out of his mouth were, "Mom, it's my birthday today, we better get my goodie bags ready for my party!" It was then that I knew I was in trouble! We happened to have a little Mommy and Me play group that was supposed to meet that day at a park. I thought quickly and moved quickly and made pirate cupcakes a treasure hunt, complete with gold coins, eye patches and other pirate booty and just took it all to the play group. Connor got his party with some friends and I got off the hook for one more year! That night we did have a little family party where Connor got his first bike, technically not his first bike, just the first one he'll ride! He has never liked any sort of ride on toys, tricycles or bikes. I know most kids his age are way past the training wheel stage, but we are so excited that he finally loves riding a bike! He wants to go on "walks" on it every day! What a boy!
Pirate cupcakes
My little bike rider...finally!


Talking to Uncle Josh on his birthday!







2 comments:

Katie Leigh said...

Your cupcakes are awesome!

My mom planned all three of us within about six weeks of each other, so she would get a little crazy when it got to be birthday time. We would get a birthday party every other year, and a family party the other years. Lizzie and I never had a friend party the same year, and that helped Mom's sanity a lot.

Pops said...

You are such a good mom! I'm excited Connor is finally riding. Remember last year that Blake rode our bike around and around and around the patio and garage. This year they will have to take turns on it.