CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Martin or Marvin




OR




Last week I had one of my proud mom moments. At the Sunday dinner table we were talking about what the kids had learned at church that afternoon. Amanda told us that they were having a lesson on church history and her teacher asked if anyone knew who Martin Harris was. ( For the non-LDSers out there he's a prominent figure in our church's history.) Amanda raised her hand and said, "Do you mean Marvin Harrison? I've heard of him." The boy next to her said, "Amanda, Marvin Harrison is a wide receiver for the Indianapolis Colts". OK, so maybe not one of my proud mom moments, but I do believe Shaun was grinning from ear to ear, and I'm sure Grandpa Dell will be too when he reads this! Maybe we need to rethink how we spend our Sunday afternoons.

3 comments:

Scott said...

that's one of the funniest things i've read in a long time. thanks for sharing...

Kristy or Josh said...

To be fair, I have heard that Martin Harris was a Pro Bowl quality Wide Reciever during his prime.

Katie Leigh said...

That's awesome! There used to be a player in the NBA named Joe Smith because he didn't want to go by Joseph. I giggled a little every time I saw him on ESPN.