CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Wedding Crashers

This weekend I got to do something I've never done before, crash a wedding! My brother Logan's best friend was getting married in Newport this weekend and invited my parents down. They decided to fly into San Diego a couple of days before the wedding to spend some time with us. When Saturday came we hated that we had to waste a day of their visit with them up in Newport, so the girls in the family decided to tag along. It ended up being a great day. We got to spend the morning on beautiful temple grounds, eat at Baja Fresh, tour a mission, and crash a very fancy wedding reception. The end of the day capped off with a visit, back down in Poway, from Logan and Kristen where a little DDR and Guitar hero competion broke out. All in all a great day! I can't take credit for this picture, we ran across it on someones facebook page but it shows how serious Mads was about crashing that wedding. She was going to get into that temple, recommend or not!




My handsome brother Logan in his groomsman attire, and his cute girlfriend Kristen.



We had a couple of hours to kill between the wedding and the reception so we headed down south to Capistrano where the reception was being held. Sam's in 4th grade and is studying California history which means a lot of time talking about the missions around the state. We decided to make the trip educational and visit the San Juan Capistrano Mission. It just so happens that is where the wedding party was taking pictures. I felt like we were stalking them. We had a nice time, Sam got to see a lot of stuff they had talked about in school and, of course, my dad really enjoyed the audio tour he took!



Amanda and Kristen taking a break.



We wore Mads out with all our stalking!



Yes, we also crashed the reception, and at first I refused to eat anything or let my kids eat anything, I wouldn't even sit down, I mean we weren't invited. All it took was a crepe bar and, not just a dessert table, but pretty much an entire bakery to break me down. Madison didn't hesitate when it came to the eclairs!




Oh yeah, one last thing...Kristen, my mom owes you a flute!

3 comments:

Logg said...

I think Kristen is fine without a flute for now, she's currently rocking the engraved and personalized harmonica I got as a groomsman gift.

kp said...

Thanks for saving my weekend from the trip wreckers! Also, i had no idea you were recording that, I would have played better!

Aubrey said...

I never would have thought! You are one crazy woman!