CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy New Year



Happy New Year from the Young family! We had a great Christmas break and a very happy New Year. We got to spend it in Utah with our family. We spent a lot of time with the Holman family becase my brother and his family are getting ready to move to England for a few years. We figured this might be the last time we get to see them for awhile so we definitly made the most of our time with them.


We are sure going to miss our Holman cousins!


As you can see it was especially hard for Matt to say good-bye to his one and only sister.

Here are a few highlights from our trip.


Playing the Ungame with Grandpa. Finally, after all these years, Grandpa found family members to play WILLINGLY!





A trip to BYU and Grandpa's office.


Playing in the snow at Grandma's house.



Playing around at Kangaroo Zoo.

Matt and Jenny planned a New Year's Eve party for the Holman gang and it was a blast! It included PF Changs take out, a Wii bowling tournament, and Bingo complete with New Years poppers for prizes. It also included Matt in a kilt and Sorels and Logan in a tiara, neither of which I will include pictures of, you're welcome! Everyone over the age of 5, even Grandpa and Grandma, stayed up until midnight to ring in the New Year. We had a New Year's Day dinner with the entire Young Family (except Shaun, of course!)at a favorite Mexican restraunt. All the cousins sat at one big table in the middle of the dining room. I'm not sure how much the waitress enjoyed it, but I kow us parents did! One of the funniest things happened on our long drive home. I ran out of windshield wiper fluid. That in itself, not so funny. Me making my 11 year old daughter stick half her body out the window with a water bottle (while I'm traveling at 75 miles an hour) to try and splash it on the windshield to clean it off, and then 3/4 of the bottle coming right back into the car and soaking her, now that's funny!

I just had to include one more highligh, sledding on pure ice! We wanted to go sledding the whole time we were in Utah and kept waiting for a fresh snowfall, but that didn't happen and we had to make do with sledding on old snow and ice. We all had fun except Amanda, who on her first run down the hill, hit an icy bump pretty hard and landed on her back. She recovered but didn't want to go down anymore hills! This video is Mads and Sam taking a run! What a great trip we had!

4 comments:

Katie Leigh said...

I wish I could have been there! That looks like so much fun!

McKinsey said...

I just wanted to tell amanda that I'm gald it wasn't me. Looks like fun wish we would have been there longer Kinsey

Denise said...

WOW, not that looks COLD! Was that a Zebra bow I saw in the snow?? ;)

lericksen said...

Looks like a great trip. My New Years Resolution is to see the Youngs in 2009!