CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 19, 2010

Lucky #13

If you know me at all you know how much I love baking and making fun treats. So what spectacular breakfast did I whip up for Amanda on the morning of her 13th birthday?! That's right, cinnamon rolls...out of a can. Not my choice. My family LOVES these. I actually refuse to make them. If they want them, that's Shaun's job. So I actually did go out of my way for her birthday by breaking down and actually making them (and by making I mean popping the can open) for her. I did consider making her put her Lucky #13 picks in them that she ripped out of her cupcakes the day before, but I didn't. I really am a great mom. She did have a super fun birthday. A bunch of her friends at school brought her gifts and decorated her locker. But in true middle school style all the stuff got ripped off and stolen before she could get a picture of it!


A picture of Amanda with her birthday cake. What? Both candles aren't lit? How strange.



This is why. Enough said.


Finally got a shot with them both lit!


Can't believe my girl is a teenager, and even more importantly I can't believe I'm the mother of a teenager! She is really such a good girl. She's kind, considerate, loving, smart, helpful, and fun! And I'm not biased at all! Happy birthday to my one and only first born!

7 comments:

Pops said...

My first born has the same traits! Mom

The Young Family said...

And that's pretty much where it stopped. Sorry boys.

lericksen said...

Happy Birthday Amanda! Do you still have Santa?

Kristy or Josh said...

I agree 100% that cinnamon rolls from a can are nasty. I love cinnamon rolls but I refuse to eat those abominations. And I may not be kind, considerate, loving, smart, helpful, and fun but at least I'm...uhh...ummm...I got nothing. Happy birthday stinker.

Julie said...

I think all your kids are cute and wonderful. They take after their mother :)

Logg said...

I'm assuming this comment by Julie is actually in response to my mother's comment at the top. So thank you Julie, we are all cute and wonderful.

Anonymous said...

NO!
This is Sammy's friend Aisling going for a riding lesson right now!