CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 18, 2010

St. Patty's Day!

On St. Patrick's Day Lucky the leprechaun came for a visit to our house, again. He caused the usual havoc, making messes, turning the toilet water green and even flipping some of the furniture upside down! He also turned our milk green, but that went well with our St. Patty's breakfast of Lucky Charms and green bagels. On a side note: Madison is my first kid that having a leprechaun visit has freaked out. She wouldn't use the toilet that he turned the water green in, all day. She wouldn't drink the milk or eat the bagels. She called him "The Sneaker", and proceeded to tell anyone she ran into that day that The Sneaker had been in her house and it scared her!


Everywhere that the leprechaun made a mess he left gold coins. Connor loved that!


Connor wondered why the leprechaun didn't leave any gold coins by this mess. I had to explain to him that the leprechaun didn't make this mess. This mess was the result of his littlest sister taking a late nap the day before. A late nap for Madison means she is up for hours past everyone else and this is how she entertains herself in her room, late at night, in the dark.


After I cleaned up after the leprechaun, and Madison, I made some of these, mint chocolate Oreo truffles. Mine were a little different from Bakerella's in the fact that I used regular double stuffed oreos instead of cool mint ones, because the chocolate I dipped them in was mint flavored. I didn't want to over do it on the mint. I bagged them up and delivered to some of my friends.


This is what they looked like on the inside. Two words...sweet deliciousness.


Yesterday both big girls had softball games and we were assigned the post game snack for Amanda's team. How excited was I when I realized that we were assigned on,not only St. Patrick's Day, but the day before Amanda's 13th birthday?! There was not going to be any boring granola bars and water bottles coming from this mom! I had found earlier a recipe for red velvet cup cakes, but they were green and knew this was the perfect excuse to make them! Not only is Amanda's favorite kind of cake (in fact the only kind of cake she likes!) red velvet, they were green! I made up a batch of these, and to make them extra fun added these cute little picks!I lovingly placed them on the kitchen counter for Amanda to see when she got home from school, and then left to go pick Connor up form football.


This is what I found after I got home from picking Connor up. Amanda had gotten home and apparently it's not cool to announce to your softball team that it's your birthday. It's SUPER embarrassing! All I know is that 13 year old softball players can devour 2 dozen cupcakes in no time at all!I also provided green apple juice boxes, but I don't think anyone even noticed that their drinks were green too, they were too taken with the cupcakes!I wish I had remembered to take my camera and get pictures of the girls with their green teeth after eating the cupcakes!

3 comments:

Kristy or Josh said...

I was green with envy after seeing this post...**crickets chirping**...Nothing? Ok, the snacks look great.

Tracy said...

WOW!! Do you have extra energy or what?!! LOVE all the treats!! You're so creative!! :-)

Anonymous said...

YUM! Those truffles look good.
Aisling