CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 27, 2008

I can't believe she's 11!


That's right, Amanda turned 11 a couple of weeks ago. I had wanted to get a post out about her b-day , but with an unexpected trip to Wyoming it has gotten put off. She had a great "Chocolate Lover's" birthday party, complete with edible invites and edible thank you notes. We tried to do it up good this year since she kind of got jipped (is that a word?) last year . Madison was born two days after her birthday last year and so all the attention was on Mads. The picture above is all the girls at the party (except one that had already left) on Amanda's bed. Some how that has become a tradition. It started when Amanda was little and the girls thought it was cool to climb up on the top bunk and so we took a picture of them. They do it every year now at her party, but I don't know how much longer the bed is going to hold them! Something else that has become somewhat of a tradition is me going crazy trying to figure out what to have as a birthday cake every year for Amanda since she doesn't like cake! We've done sugar cookies, brownies, homemade oreos, and many other things, and this year we were stumped. Since the theme was chocolate the natural choice was browines and so we had settled on that, but I wanted to do something different. We surprised her by buying a small chocolate fountain and all the fixings to go with it. She was very excited! My favorite pictures from the party do not even include the birthday girl. It's the before and after of the chocolate fountain. I got it all set up while they were outside on a treasure hunt and then 12 girls hit it like a tornado! They enjoyed it, but what a mess! But that is what it is all about! At times Amanda still seems like my little girls (notice in the picture above she is protectivly holding her Santa Clause that she has had since she was 6 months old!) and at other times I have to think to myself "I don't remember the word teen being in eleven!" At times I worry about her, she is a mini me, and I did not always make the wisest choices growing up, but on the other hand she seems to be a better version of me, much stronger and wiser! Love you Meem and happy birthday!




6 comments:

Logg said...

I can't imagine any of my nieces or nephews being older than 3. No joke.
If you ask me how old Amanda is I'll respond, "Three." if you ask me how old Samantha is, "Just turned three."

Kristy or Josh said...

Looks awesome, Happy (belated) Birthday stinker!

Mateo said...

You know, my birthday just passed--last July, but I didn't remember get any chocolate fountains. I wish I was turning 11.

The Young Family said...

Logg, you did remeber I had more than two kids, right?

Jenny said...

I think you're planning my birthday this year. I too would like a chocolate fountain and a treasure hunt. I agree with Amanda - cake isn't that great, so we'll have to think of something else - Last year we had a icecream sandwich tower.

Sarah said...

Brilliant before and after shots of the treats table. Love it. My Maddie just turned eleven too. Are we REALLY THAT old???