CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Opening Day...sort of


Saturday the girls had their first softball game of the season. It was actually the second game, but Opening Day happened to be scheduled on Sunday this year. The league received a lot of complaints about this, (there are a lot of LDS families in this league because they have always in the past kept Sundays free) but they claimed that there were too many conflicts on the Saturday that the season was supposed to start and so they had no choice but to start on a Sunday. I believe that you always have a choice and something tells me that had this happened in Utah they would have figured out what the other choices were! So, unfortunately the girls had to miss their first games of the season. (Don't worry we turned that experience into a great FHE lesson!) They had a great time at their games! Both games happened to be scheduled at exactly the same time, but all of the girls softball diamonds are at the same park so I got to see some of both. Shaun is an assistant coach for Sam's team, so I mainly watched Amanda's game, when I wasn't pulling Connor out of other teams dugouts, making bathroom and snack shack runs , or digging discarded sunflower seed shells out of Madison's mouth. I'd forgotten how not fun Connor is at the softball field. He has no interest in watching unless one of his sisters is up to bat, and he just drives me CRAZY in between. This isn't Mads first softball season, but she spent the first part of last season in utero, and the second half in the Baby Bjorn!I'm going to keep their W-L record updated on my blog, so check it out every once and awhile! Go Blue Lightning and Blue Bombers!

3 comments:

Logg said...

What an inspiring story about one family's determination to keep the sabbath day holy. Send this to the Ensign, I bet they'll put it in Latter-Day Saint Voices. I know thats the only section I read.

Kristy or Josh said...

Keep those wins coming girls!

Logg said...

Uh oh. I just saw the updated stats and I don't like what I'm seeing. They probably need more "juice" in their diet and I don't mean O.J. or apple.
Who cares if they have an asterisk next to their record, a win is a win.