CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 14, 2009

A Great Day for Connor

Connor had a great day yesterday! First thing in the morning he was awarded a certificate at his school's morning assembly for showing great character! They award two students in every classroom each month. This month's character trait was "respect" and apparently Connor's peers feel like he exemplifies this trait. I'd like to see a little more that respect exemplified at home! Actually he's a pretty good kid and I love him to death! Right after the assembly his school had their annual "JOG FOR YOUR HEART" Valentines day jog-a-thon. Connor's class has been practicing and he had told us that he usually just gets two laps around the track. We believe in bribery with sugar in this family, so Shaun promised him a slurpee if he did four laps at the jog-a-thon. He did 6. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't been there, and got it all on film! He did great! The jog-a-thon was followed by his classroom Valentines party that Mads and I got to attend. As I said, a great day for Connor!

Receiving his "Character Counts" Award.


Here's Connor doing some laps!

No comments: