CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Happy Birthday Princess!

For my birthday last week the kiddos "surprised" me with this cake they made themselves and we had a little party the night before my actual birthday.
What did you do on your actual birthday, you're wondering? We went to DISNEYLAND! It was hotter than I thought and a lot busier than I anticipated. Hence the picture of the kids standing in a really long line eating frozen lemonade! We only got to go on three rides. I can't stand to stand in line with all four kids,(OK Madison) for more than 15 or 20 minutes. It was still a really great day.

Because we didn't go on many rides we did some other things that we usually don't take the time to do. We saw this show. It's called Billy Hill and the Hillbilly's.We've seen it a couple of times before and the kids have always enjoyed it, especially when Billy puts in his hillbilly teeth! We stopped, along with Mary Poppins, to watch this band. The funny thing about Disneyland is that their suits didn't seem so hideous in the park, but now looking at this picture without my Mickey Mouse shades on...all I can say is WOW!
We camped out to get a good seat for the parade. It was worth it. It's a new parade and this is the confetti that shoots out all over at the end. Who couldn't love a parade that ends with Micky Mouse shaped confetti being blown all over?!
The kiddos at the end of our day. Because the park was so busy that day they extended the hours and pushed back the fireworks show so unfortunately we had to miss it!We had a great day and Madison has the blisters to show for it! I kept getting irritated with her because every time we'd stop she's pull her shoes off. Finally one of the kids noticed that her shoes had given her blisters, so that is why she is barefoot. Yes, the life of a fourth child. Their mom lets them go bare foot at a public amusement park.(I didn't actually let her walk around in bare feet, just in her stroller! Jeesh, I'm not that crazy!)My favorite part of the whole day? I was wearing my Happy Birthday button they give you and every employee who saw it said "Happy Birthday Princess!" I know they get paid to say it, or fired if they don't, but it still made me smile every time I heard it!

4 comments:

Mateo said...

They say "Happy Birthday Princess?" Man, that's more than your second brother gave you. Happy Birthday Coley.

Tigre said...

I would rather dredge sewer pipes than work at Disneyland. Those poor people.

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

Happy Birthday!! What a fun way to celebrate!

Katie Leigh said...

I have always had a secret desire to wear a cool costume and run rides at Disneyland.

And the Mary Poppins band looks awesome! That's my favorite movie!