CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 30, 2009

Pumpkins, candy corns and more pumpkins

This Halloween meal was the one I was most excited about making. Bread bowls made to look like pumpkins and my family's favorite cheddar chowder. I am not a bread maker. Sometimes I forget that and attempt to make it. My bread bowls were a bit of a flop. They didn't rise enough to fill with chowder and the stems just kind of melted into them instead of sticking out. Oh well. My family loved the chowder and they had some quite good tasting pumpkin shaped french bread rolls to eat with it!
For dessert more candy corn cookies. They're sugar cookies colored orange and dipped in white chocolate.
After dinner we carved our pumpkins. Funny story...I went to the grocery store the other day and decided to pick up our carving pumpkins while I was there. I stuck three of them in the bottom of the cart, did my shopping and then realized I needed one more pumpkin.I grabbed one and stuck it on top of my groceries. A little boy, probably about 4 years old said,to me "You have a big pumpkin on all your groceries." I said "I know, and I have three more underneath all my groceries!" The look on his face was priceless. The he said "You have that many kids?! That's a ton, no wonder you have so many groceries!" It was so funny, and so much like something Connor would say to a perfect stranger to cause me loads of embarrassment!
The finished products.
All lit up.

2 comments:

Pops said...

You are having too much fun...without me! mom

Denise said...

I got too many giggles from that story! Funny little Connor wanna be anyways :)