CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Funny, but not real smart


I don't know who took this picture, but it ended up on the disc of pictures taken while we were on vacation. It may not mean anything to many of you but it brings back a lot of memories for me. My grandparents in Wyoming never had a city water line, so they had to haul all their water in from town to fill their cistern. This is the trailer used to do that. As kids we used to love to go to town with Grad to fill the tank. Our favorite part was when we got there and as he fed quarters to the water machine we would get up in the trailer, by the tank and watch the water go in from the big pipe above. The funny thing we used to do was spit into it while it was filling up. And not just a little. A LOT. Funnier yet is that it never occurred to us that we were spitting into our drinking water. HMMMM?!

4 comments:

Kristy or Josh said...

After reading this is the time I realized that we did this to our drinking water. Although it couldn't have been any worse than drinking the "Wimmy water" from the orange container in the fridge.

Mateo said...

Also, I used to drink out of the sprinklers in the yard until I realized that the water came directly out of the dirty ditch. Nasty.

Katie Leigh said...

I don't think I realized where Lovell water came from until I was 11 and redoing the bathroom in Gram and Grad's house. It made diet Mountain Dew look really, really good.

Max said...

That picture brings a tear to my eye. Always remember, if it's yellow let it mellow, if it's brown flush it down.