CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 24, 2008

What a great way to spend two hours

I have served in a Primary Presidency, (two different ones actually) for over five years now and today I got a new calling, Nursery Leader! I am so excited! For those of you that don't know what this is it means that every Sunday after an hour long Sacrament meeting I get to spend the last two hours of church, while all the grown-ups go to their classes (BORING!) entertaining, teaching, singing, and playing with the children between the ages for 18 months and three years. In my opinion it's the best calling in the church! (Am I right Katie and Mike?) Not everyone seems to share my enthusiasm for it. While serving in primary presidencies we ALWAYS had a hard time keeping the nursery staffed. After I got the call today many members seemed genuinely surprised that I was excited for this. A few even extended their condolences. One of the best parts is that Madison is going into nursery so I get to take her with me every week. No more switching roaming the halls with her with Shaun or holding her while trying to do a sharing time! There is really nothing like teaching the gospel to these sweet (although at times VERY rambunctious!) children and seeing them get it. I know some weeks will be hard and trying but I look forward to every minute of it!

5 comments:

Katie Leigh said...

Mike actually got released from Nursery today!

I love being in nursery. I'd gladly play with two year olds and teach them than sit through Sunday School. And you get to eat Goldfish crackers!

Kimberley said...

Congratulations on the new calling! I am right there with you! I would take that calling over any other calling, anyday!

Denise said...

Cool sounds like fun! Maybe I will become LDS so I get called to do the Nursey as my duty. I love GOLDFISH crackers! LOL! The funny thing is, our church has a Sunday School kindergarten teacher position open. Makes me think I should do it.

Mateo said...

How did mom get a hold of your password to enter this post? Oh, wait a minute. I forgot you are mom. Please don't take offense. I am more and more and more like dad everyday. It is a little scary. By "a little" I mean a lot.

Pops said...

So what is so scary or offensive about being like your dad or mom!? So what if my memory is slipping, I get into too many car accident because my PhD-level mind wanders to great philosophical questions (like should I have cheese enchiladas or a tostada for lunch), and cry like a baby (very unmanly) even thinking about bearing my testimony?!