CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

Shaun is REALLY hard to buy gifts for. He doesn't really want much, but what he does want he is VERY particular about. Plus, since I have no income of my own, anything I buy I have to use money that he has earned and I wonder, is that really a gift, spending his money on him? So I usually just don't buy him gifts and that in it self is a gift, not spending his money. He kind of went all out on Mother's Day this year so I felt like I should do something. Amanda and I put together a CD of some of his favorite songs and mostly just songs about being parents and kids. This is how it turned out. I don't know if he was thrilled, but at least I did something!


I typed out the play list in side and each of us signed the CD. We even left a spot for Sam to sign it when she gets home.


This is what we made in Nursery today for Father's day. It was a cute white shirt and necktie made out of paper with a Big Hunk candy bar in it. I let the nursery kids decorate with crayons and stickers. As you can see Madison won the award for most stickers!

My kids are so lucky that they have such a great dad and I feel lucky to have him for my husband!

I am also lucky to have a great dad myself and I hope he has a great Father's Day in Vienna!

2 comments:

Logg said...

Maybe you should get a job and quit living off of the hard earned cash of others....oh...wait.

Pops said...

I did have a good Father's Day in Vienna. Actually, I forgot it was Father's Day. We arrived late, got to the hotel and went to bed. But still, it was in Vienna!!