CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 20, 2010

Everybody loves a parade!

At least I do. I LOVE parades. This week was the annual Poway Days parade. We only go sporadically because we are always in the midst of soccer season, but this year two of the kids games were in the afternoon, so a couple of us did get to go. Amanda had a game and so Shaun and Connor went to that and represented. Mads and Sam and I got to go to the parade. I love Poway and I love living in such a great community, but the parade is just not really that good. They don't throw candy (lame), or hand out lots of annoying flyers (good) except for because of this there is not much interaction between parade walkers and parade watchers. We all just kind of sit there and watch classic car, after classic car, after classic car, with a scout troop or two thrown in for good measure, go by. The highlight for me was the little dog decked out in sunglasses and a leather vest riding a remote control motorcycle. Really Cute! I don't really care how lame it is I will continue to go every year that I can, because I really do love a parade!

2 comments:

Pops said...

After you have experienced Cowley Days and Lovell Days it is hard not to compare parades...The bar has been set so high...I guess Poway tries in its own little way. Cute girls...I want Sam's haircut on my head. Mom/Grandma Linda

Logg said...

I hate parades. But really it doesn't matter cause I'm not allowed within 500 ft of one anyway. Push one kid under the feet of a marching band while trying to get some candy and you pay for it the rest of your life.