CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

My favorite things

On Sunday, my mom told me that she read in the newspaper that the sales of one of the Stephaine Meyer, Vampire books had surpased the sales of the last Harry Potter book. This happeneing just a couple of weeks after I posted a blog about the first novel, "Twilight" in the series. A mere coincidence or could my blog be having that much influence on people?! Could my blog be as infuential as Ms Oprah Winfrey? I don't know but I have decided to occasionally post things that I would put on my "Favorite Things" list. Sorry, no feebies for you out there, though! The first thing I'm going to put on is my favorite mind numbing video game, ZUMA. Now I have always considered myself almost anti-technology. I think part of the reason society is how it is today is that people spend too much time in front of TV, computers or on their cell phones, or plugged into their i-pods, and especially too much time playing video games. That having been said, I LOVE this game! My girls were introduced to it at a friends house and they showed mild intrest, but they gave us an extra copy they had of it to download onto our computer, if the girls ever wanted to play it at home. I quickly became addicted! (That is why video games are soo bad!) It started because I realized that the graphics and the rhythmic noise soothed Madison! Times she got really fussy and I was so tired of just carrying her around trying to soothe her, I could sit at the computer and play this game with her on my lap and she would calm down and occasionally fall asleep, an extra bonus! It is a totally mind numbing game with little or no strategy involved, my type of game! While I still have not changed my stance on excessive video game playing, I am recommending this for anyone with a fussy baby! Even if you don't have a fussy baby, give it a try sometime. You can download the first three levels for free at http://www.PopCap.com/. That way you stand no chance of addiction because it is only three levels! Enjoy, and stay posted for more of my favorite things!

4 comments:

Kristy or Josh said...

So you think society has been damaged because of excessive computer use, too much TV, and addicting video games? This coming from a girl blogging on a computer about a video game she is addicted to and who has an overloaded Tivo hard drive? Interesting. I'm with you, but still interesting.

The Young Family said...

I also own an I-Pod

Mateo said...

I was in Borders last night and saw that the new book (#4 I think) from your Twilight series goes on sale on 2 August 2008. That's still a ways away, but something to be excited about.

Sarah said...

Yeah- good game. I even bought the full version a couple years ago. How many hours of my life have I given to Zuma?????