CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 22, 2008

My Favorite Things


Any of you that know me very well, this will come as no surprise that I am adding this to my list of my favorite things, DISNEYLAND! I LOVE that place! Weeks ago we decided to go this Thursday and Friday, since we didn't have school this week and our passes expire at the end of this week. The Dr. Shaun works for was going to be out of town this week, in Indianapolis at the NFL combine, so Shaun said he could get a couple of days off work to go with us, we booked the hotel and we were set. Last week the doctor asked Shaun to go with him, so the kids and I were on our own! That meant no BIG rides. But that was OK because the weather has been beautiful here and we all seemed to be over this nasty flu that is going around, so it was still going to be a fun little trip. A few days later we checked the weather and wouldn't you know it, rain in the forcast. But, as mentioned before I LOVE Disneyland and it was going to take more than a few raindrops to keep me away. Our first day really was pretty fun, (Check out the Tea Party below!) no rain until the end of the day, and we were pretty much done so we had dinner and went back to our hotel in time to watch the American Idol result show. A good day, all in all. In the middle of the night I woke up and couldn't open my eyes and I was super congested. I seem to have all of a sudden come down with a nasty cold, pink eye included! Gross, and really uncomfortable! By the time the kids got up in the morning, it was really raining! Had it just been rain we would have still gone, (I had remembered to pack our ponchos!), or if it had been sunny and warm I would have even considered going with a bacterial eye infection! But the combination of the two was too much, so we headed home and had a boring, "roller coaster ride of blah" inside day (Refer to Holman Family blog!). The bad part of Shaun being a PA, he's out of town for work right now when I want him at home, the good part of Shaun being a PA, he called in a perscription for me and it was ready and waiting for me at the pharmacy by the time we got home. No doctor visit and no annoying co-pay!I love that man! Oh yeah, and did I mention that my washing machine just broke yesterday and so I now have suitcases of dirty Disneyland clothes that I cannot wash? This week is just not going how I planned! But I still LOVE Disneyland!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Probably not your favorite Disneyland trip, but still . . . you were at Disneyland! My girls keep asking when we're going again. We used to be able to make it every year because it was such an easy vacation from St. George, but I told them that we're probably out of luck for a while. Last time we went, I was preggo with Janie and I was only able to patiently wait for everyone else to ride all the fun rides again and again and again. . . Not my favorite!