CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Three hours later...




As many of you know both of my girls take piano lessons and Wednesday is our lesson day. We are off of school this week for President's Day, and so I was determined that they get a really good practice session in today before their lessons. With Amanda being sick all last week I did not enforce piano practice as I usually do. I told the girls that they were to go through each of their songs three times. In usual Amanda style, she hopped up to the piano and rushed through each of her songs. It's not that she is particually obedient but I have figured out her theory, in most things in life is "Hurry and just get it over with" (much like her mother). I did catch her trying to get away with doing a couple of them twice, she can't get anything by me! She was done in about 20 minutes. That's Amanda. Sam is a WHOLE other story! She had to fight, cry, whine, and complain the ENTIRE time. She had two pages of theory and about 4 songs. It took three, very painful, hours to get thru it! I was exhausted by the end. Someone out there tell me that this will all be worth it in the end!

3 comments:

Logg said...

Worth it making your kids take piano lessons or worth it having kids?
Although its actually the same answer for both.

Sarah said...

If you're getting 20 minutes practicing out of your kiddos, I am pretty impressed. My girls play their songs 3x through and then run away as fast as they can.

Thanks for the link. I have you linked now on my page so that I can check you guys out regularly!! I haven't been a super-consistent blogger this last month, but I am usually better than that.

Jenny said...

When I was a kid, I practiced the piano just like Sam does. Now that I think about it, I really should call my mom and apologize.