CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day

A couple of days before Memorial day Shaun and I were talking about what we wanted to do. He said he wanted to go do something outside and active, he didn't want to just take the kids to a movie or anything like that. Naturally I suggested going to a mall. We live in Southern California where the majority of malls are outdoor malls and walking up and down is certainly active! It may not have been exactly what he had in mind but he went for it anyway. Since we were going for this whole "outdoor nature" theme for Memorial Day we headed out east to the Viejas Indian Reservation which has a great outlet mall that is very nature themed. Lots of water and rocks and plants , and its on different levels, so there was definitely "hiking" involved (with a double stroller, no less!). We all really had a great time, except maybe Sam. She saw a jacket in the first store we went into she just HAD to have (I did not agree, the only thing she has more of than shoes is jackets!) and so she whined almost the entire time, except for when I pulled the camera out, she didn't want to look bad on my blog! She also reminded me this morning before school that she could be wearing a new jacket to school if I had bought her one! I told her to go pick one of the 8 or so out of her closet. That did not go over well. Good times!

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

Sounds like it was fun. I wish I could have convinced Quin to go shopping. How do you do it?