CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Mother's Day, Samantha style


I don't know if many of you know this about my Sammy, but she is OVERLY concerned about things being exactly fair, or exactly even, to her advantage. Quite often Shaun stops at 7-11 on his way home from work and gets all the kids a treat. Inevitably the first question out of Sam's mouth is, "How much did Amanda's and Connor's treats cost?" Then she wants to know how much hers cost. If hers cost less than theirs we then "owe" her the difference. And she keeps track! I can buy Sam a pair of shoes on Monday, and then come home with a pair for Amanda on Thursday, and she will end up in tears because I didn't buy her a pair, and it's just not fair, I ALWAYS buy new stuff for Amanda, and not her. I remind her that she got a new pair on Monday, but according to her that was four days ago, so they are not new anymore, and Amanda's are, so it is still not fair! Somehow that seems to make sense in her head! So the reason I am posting this is because last night Sam went to a little craft class and made this completely edible basket for me for Mother's day. This morning she noticed on my blog that I had posted about my Mother's day tea at Connor's preschool. She immediately went and found my camera so that I could take a picture of her with the basket and then asked me to post it on my blog. I told her I would. About five minutes later she asked me if I had posted it yet, and she has continued to ask me all morning. So here I am posting about my edible Mother's day basket from Sam. I do love it and in fact before the picture was taken I broke off one of the chocolate covered pretzel rods right in the front and popped it in my mouth. I figured that would be OK since it was my basket. Not OK with Sam. Even though it is for Mother's day, which would make me the natural recipient, and even though I paid the $20 for her to go to the class, it is still considered hers since she made it and I need to ask her if I want to eat anything off of it! I LOVE that girl! She makes life so interesting! Thanks Sam!

2 comments:

Denise said...

I see after a couple days, no one has made a comment on Sweet Sammie! So, this one is for her...you've just gotta LOVE that girl! She going to make it BIG someday because she's using that brain God gave her! We'll just have to get over the fact that feelings might get hurt along the way...LOL! All I can say is that I LOVE THAT GIRL! Maybe I see a bit of me in her.

Aubrey said...

Oh, I love thatSammy also. You tell her to keep it up. I enjoy hearing about her!!!