CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Country Fair

Last night was our elementary school's annual carnival, The Country Fair. The girls both entered cakes in the cake decorating contest and both won 2nd place for their grade. They were very excited. We had a great time except for the fact that I spent most of the night having to volunteer at booths. Each class runs one booth and I have three children at the school so that means three booths! When I went to check in and see which booth I was at first they said, "Oh you're the lady that signed up for so many." It's not that I am so willing to give of my time it's just three kids equals three booths and I doubt that anyone else at our school has three kids all attending the same school! But next year Amanda heads off to Middle school so that puts me down to two! You'll notice Connor is not in any of the pictures. He was there with us for a short time, but he and Shaun headed off to a Father-Son camp out last night! It really was fun to just have a girls night last night!




Amanda and her friend Amelia with their prize winning cake!
Sam with her 2nd place ribbon.

The girls.


Mads and Amanda doing the Caterpillar obstacle course, which Mads lost her bow in! I had to send a little girl we know back through to find it!



Mads hanging out, and getting disgustingly dirty and sticky at the Country Fair.




2 comments:

Sarah said...

You are a super-mom volunteering at all the kids' booths! I'm a little lame in that I switch off between volunteering in my girls' classrooms each year-- but Maddie goes to middle school next year too and I don't think they ask much of parents at that point. Good thing-- I have my hands full here at home anyway!

Way to go on the prize-winning cakes!

Katie Leigh said...

Amanda's cake is awesome! The only time we ever got creative with cakes was for the Blue and Gold Banquet when my dad was bishop. Naturally, boys don't care how it looks.

The first chapter of Breaking Dawn is out! Are you a total geek and went to the bookstore just to read it? I am. I'm a little ashamed to admit it.