CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 9, 2008

Mother's Day Tea


Today was the Mother's Day Tea at Connor's preschool. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera, and I missed some great Kodak moments! As we were eating our finger sandwiches and drinking our tea (I opted for pink lemonade!) his teacher shared these forms she had helped the kids fill out. It was funny to hear how much our kids thought we weighed and how old they thought we were. Of course they totally underestimated in both categories, except for one kid that guessed his mom's age to be 67. She did not seem amused. The best part was when she shared the "In her free time she likes to..." line. The first one the teacher shared the little girl had said her mother likes to read, the next was go to the gym, then the third was "Nap" That mother seemed mortified! I think she felt bad because the two previous moms children had answered what all the rest of us were hoping our kids answered. She turned red and started making excuses for why he had said that! The funny thing was, with the exception of two other overly ambitious mothers who also apparently like to work out and go to the gym, all the rest said "Nap", or in my case, "Lay in her bed and rest". But poor little Connor, when they got to his she had to point out that when asked what my name was he didn't know! After it was over I asked him if he knew what my name was. He answered the obvious, "mom".
I said, "No, my first name."
He had no clue. So I had to start prompting him,
"Is it Shaun?"
"No, that's dad's name."
"You have NO IDEA what my name is?"
"Oh, yeah, it's Sister Young!"
Even when I finally told him, it didn't seem to ring a bell! Oh, well I guess I'm just mom to him and that's OK. What's more important is that he knows how much I love him and that I really do love to hug him all the time!

4 comments:

Denise said...

Way to go, MOM!!!! I wonder if he knows MOM is my name too! LOL!
That is too cute!

Tigre said...

And when he's a teenager he'll call you Nicholle to spite you. Did you turn red when when they read out "American Idol" as your favorite show? You should've.

Katie Leigh said...

Your name is Sister Young! That's awesome! I also love that you're six years old!

Aubrey said...

Ha Ha Ha! He had it totally right and you were looking for something totally different, why? He is smart! You let him know I am on his side.