CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 22, 2008

She did it!




Madison turned fourteen months on Tuesday and the scales finally tipped! Her crawling-walking ratio finally tipped to the walking side! She definitely walks more than she crawls now. Every once and awhile she still drops to her knees if she wants to get somewhere real quick (like if a sibling drops a fruit snack!) but for the most part she is just walking. On the plus side I got to go and buy her her first two pairs of real walking shoes. Quite honestly the girl probably has more shoes than anyone in this house (except maybe Sam!) but none of them intended for real walking! But, I will miss watching her "gorilla" crawl (ever since she started crawling she has crawled with her left hand in a fist like a gorilla!) but you can't beat a stiff legged, "I might fall at any second" walk! Way to go Mads!

5 comments:

Kimberley said...

Yeah Maddi! Congrats!

Pops said...

I loved the gorilla crawl too! I hope she is still Frankenstein-walking when she comes to visit, I hate missing it. What a cute girl!

Logg said...

I suppose as a parent you realize that these first steps are only the start of a journey that will carry Mads away from you forever. You'll never have your little girl back, before you know it you'll be attending her high school graduation and watching her walk into adulthood.

Kristy or Josh said...

Walking/smalking - I spend most my days trying to figure out how to stay off my feet & walking.

Mateo said...

My baby walked before he turned 1.