CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 9, 2008

Exciting Weekend


We had a pretty low key weekend this last weekend, except for the sheriff showing up on our doorstep on Saturday afternoon! Apparently Madison has more tricks up her sleeve than being able to quack like a duck (her one and only trick!). She also knows how to use the phone. We were just hanging out when Madison brought us the phone she had been playing with. She had it turned on, so I turned it off and hung it up. A couple of minutes later we got a call from the city of San Diego, but I didn't answer. I assumed it was a pre-recorded message telling me to vote, or to donate to our local sheriff's department, calls we get ALL the time! Then a couple of minutes after that there was a knock at the door and a sheriff was standing there (I LOVE living in a town that still has a sheriff instead of policemen, it's so small town Andy Griffith!). He said he was responding to a 911 hang up call. I figure that Madison had unintentionally dialed 911 and I didn't realize it! OOPS! I explained this to him, but he still had to walk through our home and make sure everything was really OK. I'm really glad that this didn't happen a few weeks ago when it looked like we were living in a crack house! As many of you know I am in the process of painting the exterior of our home. A big job, and I'm only one person and can only do so much at a time. My parents had come and helped me scrape it, but it took me awhile to get it all painted, so for a couple of weeks our house was this peeling mess with the house numbers laying haphazardly on the ground and the mailbox hanging by a nail. It really did look horrible! We definitely would have looked much more suspicious to the sheriff than we already did! He was very nice and let Connor carefully examine his "utility belt" (Connor said it was almost as cool as Batman's, quite a compliment!). Maybe next time I get a call from the city of San Diego I will answer it and maybe if it's the Sheriff's department asking for donations I'll do it, they deserve it!

2 comments:

Denise said...

WOW, what a gifted baby you have there...she already knows how to dial 911 and she's barely 1!! She'll be in the GATE preschool Program for sure!!! It's comforting to know that the Police where on it...that tax payer money is going to good use.

Aubrey said...

Sounds like fun. So glad it wasn't me.