CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Samatha's Birthday

9 years ago today
Today

If any of you have been keeping up with Samantha's blog you'll already know that today is her ninth birthday! She has been excited about it for some time now! There is nothing that special about your ninth birthday. No real milestones. Age 5 you start school, 8, you're baptized, 10 is big because it's double digits, 11 means Middle School,12 you graduate primary and go into YW, 16 you drive...I really don't want to go much further than that because every other milestone means being able to do things that I don't approve of! Nothing exciting at 9. But that's what I love about Samantha, she makes life exciting! She is sooooo much like her father, and I can't figure out why that drives me so crazy, after all I picked him! I didn't get to pick Samantha, but I'm sure glad I got her and I wouldn't trade her for the world! Happy B-day sweet girl, I love you!
PS-Some of you may be wondering why a Garth Brooks song about a truck driver seemed appropriate for me to play for a post about my nine year old daughter's birthday. In the song, a truck driver is singing the song to the woman he loves, named Samantha. At our house this song is referred to as the "Samantha Song" and Sam LOVES it! If you listen long enough you'll hear the line, "Hello Samantha dear, I hope your feelin' fine, and it won't be long until I 'm with you all the time." Sam belts that line out every time she hears it!

5 comments:

Denise said...

Very CUTE, Sammy and BELT out that line! Happy 9th Birthday! Your 1/2 way to 18!!!

Kristy or Josh said...

Happy Birthday Sammy!

Aubrey said...

Nice comments Nicholle!

Pops said...

I agree with Nicholle--I'm so glad we got Sammy. I can't tell you how much Grandpa Tom loves her! What a wonderful girl she is! See you soon, Sam.

Mateo said...

Slammy,
Nine is a pretty big deal. I remember my ninth birthday was my first one after moving to back to Utah. Also, turning nine means starting 2nd grade. That is a challenging grade so good luck with that.