CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 2, 2008

Good-bye Violin




I know...these are terrible pictures. It comes down to the fact that I am really a terrible photographer, and when I finally figured out that my flash wasn't working, the battery had died on my camera! But I decided to post them anyway because these will be the only record we have of Amanda playing the violin (she's the one on the pink leggings!). I have ALWAYS wanted to play the violin. So when Amanda had an opportunity to be in the 5th grade orchestra I convinced her that she would like playing the violin. She didn't. It's not that she really didn't like it, it's just that there are A LOT of other things she wanted to do with her time rather than practice violin. She already had soccer or softball practice (depending on the time of year), and piano practicing every day. So between that and homework it was just too much for her and me! I hated bugging her to do one more thing! These pictures are from her final concert of the year. The next day we returned the violin to the instrument rental store. Good-bye violin!


2 comments:

Pops said...

Where do you come with such "right on" songs!? I thought Manda had a great future on violin after hearing her play some song I couldn't recognize...

Katie Leigh said...

You are a good mom for letting her "retire." It's horrible moms that make their kids keep doing things that don't like. Yea for you! And yea for Amanda for trying!