CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 10, 2010

Easter treats

For Eater this year I made these cute little chickies for my Nursery class at church and for some of my friends kids. My mom had bought me some lemon flavored dipping chocolate and I had been looking for something to do with it. I found this idea on one of my favorite blogs and had to do it! It's just an Oreo with a sucker stick stuck in the cream filling, then dipped in chocolate. The blog I got it from used vanilla Oreos, but I thought the regular chocolate ones would be yummy with the lemon flavored chocolate. Who am I kidding the vanilla ones would be yummy with it too!? I also used double stuff Oreos because I thought it was easier to fit the stick in when there was more cream filling. I had to search for the icing eyes that I used and finally found a baking supply store in San Diego that has them. I'm so excited because this store called "DO IT WITH ICING" sells a lot of things I have only ever been able to get when I go to Utah. Now my mom doesn't have to be my supplier anymore! Of course, now I have to pay for it myself, kind of a bummer!


Bunches of chickies already to be delivered!


After I got done dipping chicks I put together these little treats for some of my friends. I have such good friends and I can't help but make them little goodies every time I get the chance!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sammy gave me two of those... They were not on the counter the next day. My dad said they were good though.