CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day

This year in Nursery the kiddos made these cute butterfly/hand print magnets for their mom's for mothers day. My mom had bought me this kit at Pebbles In My Pocket for Madison to do. I just made up a bunch for the Nursery kids and had a cute Mother's day craft for them to do. Of course all they did was sit still for about 20 seconds while I traced hands. I pretty much had to do all the rest except for a few of the older kids put their own polka-dots on!


Here's a close up of the poem that I found online to go with the magnets.


I made my favorite caramel chocolate rice crispy treats for some of my mommy friends. Amanda and I went out at about 10:00 Saturday night and put them by their front door so that they would have a yummy treat waiting for them first thing Sunday morning. They are a repeat of a treat I've made before, but believe me, they're worth repeating. None of my friends complained! Check out thispicture of them, and here is how you make them:

Make a double batch of rice crispy treats and press into a 13X9 pan. Melt caramel (I used about 1/2 lb. that I bought at a baking supply store, make your own, or unwrap a lot of those little Kraft caramels!)and pour over the top, covering the entire surface. Let that set up then cut into squares. I cut one 13X9 pan into 12 squares. They're quite big, but trust me, as soon as you bit into one you'll wish it was bigger! Then dip in molding chocolate and set on parchment or wax paper, caramel side down, to dry.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

I will make you a white chocolate berry pie if you make me these. Yummy