CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 31, 2010

Fifth grade band concert

This week we got to attend Sam's final band concert of the year. She has enjoyed playing the clarinet this year, but won't be continuing on in Middle school. She decided that having to practice two instruments with everything else we have going on is just too much. Their concert was quite enjoyable. I'm not sure if it was the music being played or the fact that Amanda stayed home with Connor and Mads, so that Shaun and I could just sit there and listen!


Sam and her best friend Shay fake playing their clarinets.


Sam and her other best friend Kinley.


The three amigos. Sam with her two best friends. Kinley decided to break up the trio by playing the violin and not the clarinet. No worries, their friendship survived!


The girls fake playing and Sam narrowly escaping getting bowed in the eye!

1 comment:

Pops said...

That looks fun, Sam! You know, I played the coronet (that is a trumpet,but a little smaller). I had to play "Abide with Me" at a Church talent show. I can't believe I didn't win first prize! Unfortunately, when we moved to Germany in 7th grade the junior high didn't have a band and we couldn't find a trumpet teacher, so I had to give it up. Who knows, if I could have kept going your grandpa maybe could have been a famous trumpet player instead of a boring old marriage and family professor!