CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Mormon Battalion

Since today is Pioneer Day I thought I'd post the pictures from our recent trip to the Mormon Battalion Visitors Center in Old Town San Diego. I hadn't been there for over a year and they have totally redone the whole place. It is very cool. We had a lot of fun there.


After our tour, which was really fun, by the way, we could look up ancestors that were in the Mormon Battalion. My mom knew of one of her relatives that was and we found his name and learned a little more about him. Very cool.


A family picture.


Is she ever not doing laundry?


We got to pan for gold. We happened to run into someone who actually pans for gold as a hobby and taught us how to do it correctly. None of us could really get the hang of it, but it was sure fun trying.


Sam's big find, maybe she can buy lunch!


More fun things to do there!



After a fun time at the Mormon Battalion Visitors Center we wanted some Mexican Food from Old Town. Unfortunately everywhere was packed, so instead we headed back to Mission Valley and went to Tio Leo's. It was mine and Shaun's favorite Mexican restaurant when we lived down there. It was very good, worth every penny that mom paid for it!

4 comments:

Logg said...

Connor and I agree, when someone says, "Smile!" Don't.

Kimberley said...

Crazy, I'm related to that Hatch dude too! My grandparents talk about him whenever they talk about our ancestors!

Tracy said...

Hey, I've actually been there. I haven't been too many places, but I've been there! It was really a neat place. Thanks for sharing!! It looked like you had a great time! :-)

Katie Leigh said...

Mike and his family were just there in June and loved it!
They won't stop raving about the Mexican restaurant in Old Town, so if it's ever not packed, go.

On our honeymoon we did the Mormon Battalion tour and ate the restaurant under the umbrellas. We got our own mariachi serenade, too!